This tutorial assumes that you have already been through my texturing and modelling tutorials and understand pac files, wrester ids, etc.
I have created a misc01_start file using the misc file from 2k14. It has many more attire slots than the 2k15 file. However I am not sure if the alt attires listed actually correspond to the wrestlers who have alt attires, you need to check this. I have also named all the attires wrestlemania1, wrestlemania2, etc. Download the file here but ensure that you back up your original misc file:
For this tutorial I am going to show you how to create an alt attire for Booker T. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of X-Packer (10.3) to do this tutorial. Lets get started:
Help pic (click to zoom).
- Firstly you need to know what the superstar id of Booker T is, in this case it is 108. Copy Booker T’s pac file (ch108.pac) from your game directory to your modding directory. I would strongly suggest creating a backup of the pac file before you proceed any further.
Open the pac file using the PC Pac File – Pac File menu item in X-Packer. You will notice that there is only one attire listed 00010802. Extract this attire pach file by clicking the extract button.
- Typically you would extract all the textures and models out of this pac file and then make modifications to the textures and models. For the purpose of this tutorial, we are just going to make a duplicate copy of the pac file. Make a copy of the pac file and name it 00010812. We are using 12 instead of 02 at the end of the file as this is alt attire 1.
- Now that we have two attires 00010802 and 00010812, we need a pac file to inject these into. You either use the dummy pac file which I have created (30 slots) or you can use one of the other wresters pac file. Download my dummy.pac file here: https://mega.co.nz/#!V8MWCZBA!7RVpDAsO6Bav0URftenfiZYGfPLwqa9Qax7OCJZZ-Qg
To simplify things, I am going to use Hollywood Hogan’s pac file which has two attires in it.
Hogan’s pac file is ch363.pac. Copy this file to your working directory and rename it to the same name as the wrester’s pac who you are creating alt attires for. In this case we will rename ch363.pac to ch108.pac.
- Open your new ch108.pac file in X-Packer and you will notice that there are two attires in there which is Hogan’s ring and entrance attires. These are named 00036302 and 00036304.
- Now that your attires are in the pac file, you need to rename the attires inside the pac file so that the game knows which wrestler the attires belong to. Double click the name of the attire in X-Packer and you will be presented with a rename dialog box. You need to enter the correct name of the attire in the dialog box, in this case 00036302 will be named 00010802 and 00036304 will be named 00010812.
- You pac file is now ready to be used in game, copy the pac file back into your pac-ch directory overwriting the old pac file.
- Now that we have created a new pac file, you need to tell the game that there are additional attires which can be selected. This is controlled by the misc01_Start.pac file found in the pac directory. Copy your misc01_Start.pac file into your working directory and open it using the WWE 2k15 – Misc Pac option.
- When you open this file, you will be presented with a grid which lists the wrestler ID’s, the number of attires for each wrestler and the attire names. We need to search for the wrestler Id of the wrestler who you adding attires to. In this case because Booker T does not have any alt attires, there is no entry listed for him.
In this case, you need to use the misc entry for another wrestler. Find the wrestler Id of a wrestler who does not require alt attires and change the ID to Booker T’s ID (108).
- Set the number of attires to 2 and then select a name value from the list for both attires. If you need to know which value corresponds to which, hover over the attire value list at the top left. When you are done, click the save changes button.
- Copy the misc01_start.pac file back into your pac directory. Start the game and you should have two attires selectable for Booker T.